- Initial Front End implementation will be not more Apache Cocoon2 but Echo2 from NextApp (http://www.nextapp.com) . Echo2 is a very powerful Web Framework based on the Swing concepts: project a GUI using components. Echo2 is totally based on Ajax, support natively I18N and it uses the concept of stylesheet to change final render look and feel. Very cool! ;-)
- The persistence behaviour (JDO) will be not more directly integrated in Roma, but it will use a generic interface to manage objects. Bundled-default implementation will work using the Spring DAO to allow JDO, Hibernate and direct JDBC.
- Total POJO Domain introspection.
- 70% Object Detail View. Now an object is correctly rendered inside a panel and events are hooked with class method. Are supported multi-columns view and rendering of embedded objects. I'm working to relationships using combo (select list) and by opening pop-up (no window, but as layer).
- 50% Objec tList View. Now allows very complex table with components inside but it yet missed pagination and event management on the table.
- 100% I18N support integrated.
- 100% StyleSheet support.
- 100% Domain POJO configuration by Annotation and XML files.
- 90% Validation framework (allowing multi-exception in one-shot)
Stay tuned to know more information with Roma!